The role provides a high-quality engineering service to a range of robotic systems within the R&D community. Through prompt fault finding and efficient maintenance planning ensuring maximum up time of all robotic systems supporting increased time for science for our customer. Working closely with all members of the iLS team, works to provide a proactive and focused approach, optimising service delivery and automation up-time.
- Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused specialist engineering support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and engineering standards.
- Diagnose faults on complex equipment and systems utilizing the multi disciplinary support internal and external to the team to produce a satisfactory solution.
- Plan & carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption.
- Adhere to company risk assessments and methods developed in line with engineering standards and health & safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance to standard operating procedures, offering suggestions on improvements, where identified
- Use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services.
- Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g. service reports.
- Support users in the preparation/design of operating procedures, SOPs, Change Control and the deviation, manuals and drawings.
- Advanced Modern Apprenticeship with NVQ 3 in engineering
- HNC/HND in relevant engineering discipline
- Experience of working in a fast paced, operational environment
- Experience within the Laboratory Instrument Support sector across a wide range of scientific and/or automated systems
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
- High customer focus